Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I become a SmileWorkers worker?
- There are many reasons to become a SmileWorkers worker. The first reason is to stay busy! By using SmileWorkers you can fill in your free time and earn extra cash. You set the dates that you would like to work. You negotiate your hourly rate. And best of all this is completely free to you.
How much do I get paid?
- The practice provides a range of hourly rates when they post their job. If you are interested in the position at an hourly rate within the offered range, you reply to the posting with your hourly rate.
How do I know which practice I am going to be working at?
- You respond to a posting which you are interested in based on the date and the proximity to your home zipcode. If you match the job requirements and you place a bid, the practice can elect to accept your bid. Once your bid has been accepted you will receive a job details pdf with all the contact information about the practice, including a handy Google map to help you find your way there..
How much does it cost to use SmileWorkers for my practice?
- There is no fee to register your practice with SmileWorkers. You do not pay anything to post your temporary jobs. You do not pay anything to review a list of available workers. You pay $9.95 when you choose an available worker and would like to obtain their contact information.
How do I know the worker is qualified for the position?
- At the time of registration, the worker provides their state license number for licensed positions. This is provided for your review once you select the worker's bid. Also, the worker completes a worker profile which includes a list of critical skill sets that they have, such as knowledge of particular software, work experience with different specialties, etc.
How much does it cost to be a SmileWorkers worker?
- Nothing. Nada, Nothing! There is never a charge to be a SmileWorkers Worker or Practice.
How do I get paid?
- SmileWorkers provides the contact between a practice who needs assistance and a worker who is available to work. SmileWorkers does not get involved in the payment process. The practice is responsible for paying the worker directly and the practice and worker are responsible for determining how the appropriate taxes are paid.
Why should my practice become a smile workers practice?
- If you have open chair time and would like to fill it, you should join SmileWorkers. If one of your employees cannot come to work, you should use SmileWorkers to fill the need. If you are tired of paying large fees for temp agencies, you should use SmileWorkers instead.
How do I pay the worker?
- SmileWorkers provides the contact between a practice who needs assistance and a worker who is available. SmileWorkers does not get involved in the payment process. The practice is responsible for paying the worker directly and is responsible for paying and withholding all appropriate taxes just as with any other employee.
We loved working with the SmileWorker and want them permanently. Do we have to pay a finders fee?
- Absolutely not! If you find a great match - wonderful. Unlike other temp agencies, we do not ask for thousands of dollars in finders fees or restrict you in working with people you like.